November 30, 2025

Office Address

No 25, Muritala Muhammed Way, Ilorin, Kwara State

Phone Number

+234 803 502 3079

+234 805 910 0286

Email Address

info@orientactualmags.com

editor@orientactualmags.com

News

President Tinubu Gives Update On Eruku Church Attack As Gov Abdulrazaq Commends His Role In Getting Abductees Rescued

President Tinubu Gives Update On Eruku Church Attack As Gov Abdulrazaq Commends His Role In Getting Abductees Rescued

President Bola Tinubu on Sunday restated his commitment to ending safety fears and ensuring security of lives and property in the country while also disclosing that 38 members of the Christ Apostolic Church (CAC), Eruku, Ekiti Local Government, Kwara State, who were abducted during a church service last week Tuesday have regained their freedom.

He also said he was happy that 51 out of the missing Catholic School students in Niger State, have returned home.

The president added that cancelling his trip to the G20 summit in South Africa is a worthwhile decision.

‘My fellow Nigerians,

You will recall that I cancelled my trip to the G20 summit in South Africa to enable me coordinate the security efforts at home.

Thanks to the efforts of  our security forces over the last few days, all the 38 worshippers abducted in Eruku, Kwara State have been rescued.

I am equally happy that 51 out of the missing Catholic School students in Niger State, have been recovered. 

I am closely monitoring the security situation nationwide and receiving continued updates from the frontline.

Let me be clear: I will not relent. Every Nigerian, in every state, has the right to safety — and under my watch, we will secure this nation and protect our people’ President Tinubu submitted in an X.com post on Sunday.

In a statement issued in Ilorin and made available to Team@orientactualmags.com by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Rafiu Ajakaye, Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq commended the president and thanked him for personally leading the efforts to free the abductees.

‘After many days of hard work by security forces and government representatives, HE AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq (CON) is excited to announce that 38 people who were recently abducted during an attack on Christ Apostolic Church (CAC) Eruku, Ekiti LGA, Kwara State, have regained their freedom. 

The governor says this is wholly due to the hands-on approach of President Bola Tinubu, GCFR, who has personally led the efforts to free the abductees.

The abductees were freed today, November 23. The governor is immensely grateful to President Bola Tinubu, GCFR, for his direct initiative that made this happen. 

The president had called off his scheduled trip to South Africa for the G20 Meeting to attend to the breaches in Kwara and Kebbi States. He had also directed heightened security deployments to Kwara, in what underlined his firm commitment to the safety and wellbeing of our people and other Nigerians.

The governor also expresses appreciation to the Office of the National Security Adviser; the Department of State Services (DSS); the Nigerian Army; Nigeria Intelligence Agency; and, of course, the Nigeria Police, which has graciously deployed four new tactical teams to Kwara State on the directive of the president. 

The governor also thanks members of the security forces across the board, thought leaders, religious institutions, and all Kwarans for their support and goodwill since the unfortunate incident’ the statement added-Team@orientactualmags.com Do you have any information you wish to share with us? Do you want us to cover your event or programme? Kindly send SMS to 08035023079, 08059100286, 09094171980. Thank you

About Author

Orientactualmags

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *