May 18, 2026

Office Address

No 25, Muritala Muhammed Way, Ilorin, Kwara State

Phone Number

+234 803 502 3079

+234 805 910 0286

Email Address

info@orientactualmags.com

editor@orientactualmags.com

News

Kwara APC Reps Primary Elections: Ajakaye, Shagaya, Olododo In Comfortable Lead As Gov Abdulrazaq Touts Achievements…’Rumbling Of Annoyance’ In Ekiti LG

Kwara APC Reps Primary Elections: Ajakaye, Shagaya, Olododo In Comfortable Lead As Gov Abdulrazaq Touts Achievements…’Rumbling Of Annoyance’ In Ekiti LG

It was a peaceful APC reps primary elections in Kwara State on Saturday and residents of the state are eagerly awaiting the official announcement of the election results.

 Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq’s Chief Press Secretary, Dr Rafiu Ajakaye, who resigned from his position a few weeks ago, is set to transit into an elected government official as he maintained a comfortable lead in the Offa/Oyun/Ifelodun Reps primary election on Saturday.

He now has an achievement under his belt-he will be the second person to get nominated by a political party as candidate for an elective office among those who have served as spokesmen for civilian governors in the state since 1999.

Malam Bolaji Abdulahi , who served as Dr Bukola Saraki’s Special Assistant on Communication during his first term as governor of Kwara State, was the Kwara Central Senate candidate in the 2023 National Assembly elections.

Malam Rafiu Ajakaye

Interestingly, Ajakaye and Bolaji are called malams.

Also in comfortable lead in Ilorin East/Ilorin South reps primary election is Hon Qawiy Olododo.

Ajakaye and Olododo, a former Commissioner for Works, have succeeded in stopping current reps members; Ismail Tijani and Yinka Aluko from retaining their parliament seats in Offa/Oyun/Ifelodun federal constituency and Ilorin South/Ilorin East federal constituency respectively.

Rep Muktar Shagaya, who represents Ilorin West/Asa federal constituency, was also said to be in unassailable lead and he, Ajakaye and Olododo are only awaiting official announcement as winners of the primary elections held in their respective federal constituencies on Saturday.

 Four co-aspirants in Ilorin East local government had earlier in the day reportedly withdrew from the race and declared support for Olododo.

.

The co-aspirants in question are Mr Tajudeen Ibraheem Olesin, former commissioner for Agriculture, Dr.Afeez Abolore , Hon Babatunde Ajadi Yakubu, and Hon.Mashood Gobir.

Sources told Team@orientactualmags.com that there may be unexpected election outcomes in two federal constituencies including Isin/Oke-Ero/Irepodun/Ekiti federal constituency where a member of the state House of Assembly, Hon Ganiyu Gabriel Abolarin is said to be in comfortable lead.

He was said to have enjoyed the support of the state APC Chairman, Prince Sunday Fagbemi.

A source in the party however said Abolarin has secured victory in Ekiti local government amid rumbling of annoyance as no voting took place in any of the 10 wards in the local government.

While the needed materials were handed over to the APC local government chairmen in Ilorin for onward transportation to the wards in their respective local governments , Hon Ayo Ajibola , who is the chairman of the party in the local government, reportedly failed to show up and became elusive.

Fuming with anger, reps aspirants from the local government and other stakeholders reportedly left for Ilorin dejectedly.

Former commissioner for Environment, Otunba Taiwo Joseph left Eruku in the evening, former Permanent Secretary, Ayo Samuel left Koro at about 6 pm, Abdulkarim  Yinusa Jagunlabi left Osi at about  5pm, Gbenga Ajibola left Isapa at about 5 pm while Chief Gbenle Adeyemi from Oke Opin Etan Ward is the only one who has stayed put.

In the meanwhile, leader of the party in the state, Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, who joined party members to participate in Asa/Ilorin West reps primary election, touted his achievements and submitted that APC has gotten recognized as a responsible government and has also delivered meaningful development across the state.

He told journalists that his administration has made significant strides in major sectors including infrastructure, education, healthcare and human capital development.

‘You can see in this facility that there is no dilapidated structure. You can also see our infrastructure projects across the state.

We have built new schools and invested heavily in human capital development. In terms of infrastructure and healthcare delivery, APC has delivered.

That is why the people of the state want us to continue to deliver dividends of democracy to them’ he said.

Also speaking, APC Deputy National Publicity Secretary, who is also the North Central Coordinator for the primary elections, Hon  Durosinmi Meseko, described the conduct of the primaries as peaceful and orderly.

Hon Meseko, a former member of the House of Representatives, said the peaceful atmosphere was largely due to effective leadership on the part of the leaders of the party in the state and the spirit of unity being promoted among the members.

‘We have gone round the town and observed that elections are going on peacefully in various wards and local government areas.

The leadership of the party has consistently preached unity and discouraged actions capable of causing implosion in the party.

I am happy that most of the aspirants did not see the contest as a do-or-die affair. They understand that only one person can emerge for a position at a time’ he said.

The former federal lawmaker also said APC members are in upbeat mood ahead of the 2027 general election while adding that the party will continue to dominate the political landscape in Kwara and across the country.

‘As far as we are concerned, there is no formidable opposition at the moment. The opposition parties are in disarray’ he said.

 Chairman of the House of Representatives Primary Election Committee in Kwara State, Mr Habibu Salam expressed satisfaction with the conduct of the exercise while submitting that the process has been free, fair and transparent and adding that it will ensure the emergence of credible candidates.

‘We are satisfied with the process so far and we believe it will produce credible candidates for the party’ he said.

Mr Salam, who preached spirit of sportsmanship, also urged party members to remain united irrespective of the outcome of the elections.

‘What is important is the progress of the party and the state. The party is large enough to accommodate everyone’ he added.

Signs emerged yesterday night that reps aspirants in Ilorin East/Ilorin South May not accept the outcome of the primary election held in the federal constituency on Saturday.

While there is yet to be an official announcement of the election results, it has become clear that it is not yet Uhuru for Hon Qawiy Olododo as a co-aspirant, Hon Tajudeen Olesin clarified and asserted that he remains in the race and had never at any point in time announced the decision to withdraw from the reps race let alone announcing declaration of support for the former Works commissioner.

He clarified that the group picture taken with Olododo and others was not intended to serve any purpose.

‘For the purpose of clarity, the meeting where the photograph being circulated was taken was convened by some stakeholders in Ilorin East during the ongoing reps  primary elections.

At the meeting, it was openly stated that government interest was in support of one of us and I made it clear that I had no problem whatsoever with the interest of the governor. Politics naturally accommodates interests, consultations, and alignments.

However, I respectfully maintained that the right thing must be done in line with due process, fairness, and the constitution of our great party, the All Progressives Congress.

I specifically emphasized that consensus is not something that is expected to be introduced when a direct primary process was about to commence. The constitution of the party is very clear regarding such procedures.

I equally reminded those at the meeting that all the aspirants had at different times visited leaders and stakeholders for consultations and support ahead of the election.

If there was truly a pre-existing consensus arrangement or directive, why was it not communicated before the commencement of the process and voting exercise?

Why did they allow aspirants to spend that much before they came up with a consensus- driven process on Election Day?

Why wait until the election was already ongoing across the constituency before introducing such a discussion?

I also asked a fundamental question which is to know if the appropriate authorities were fully informed or aware of the actual number of aspirants contesting the election and the realities on the ground before the last-minute claims emerged? he submitted.

Mr Olesin urged his supporters and well-wishers to remain calm while submitting that he is still in the race-Team@orientactualmags.com  Do you have any information you wish to share with us? Do you want us to cover your event or programme? Kindly send SMS to 08035023079,  08059100286, 09094171980 or get in touch via orientactualmag@gmail.com.  Thank you

About Author

Orientactualmags

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *